Tuesday, 17 July 2012
My card today is one made for a very dear friend who has decided to leave our little happy band of workers and move to pastures new.
I decided to use the image Pearls in my Hair from http://www.adayfordaisies.com/stamps/ do pop over and have a look sometime, they have lovely images. Anyway I thought this image would be suitable because she is walking away and because the birds are with her it just seemed right to colour them blue, for bluebirds of happiness. I did make a mistake after colouring the image with my new promarkers (really beginning to love these now) I decorated the image with the pearls (getting carried away without thinking first as usual) it was only after it had dried that I realised I had not cut the image out (silly me) so then had to draw round the spellbinders frame I wanted to use, before mounting it on another one in a contrasting colour. I'm not completely happy with it, I'm disappointed with myself for not noticing earlier, I like to do things right all the time that's the trouble. I used the embossing folder by Couture Creations called Walrus & Carpenter, on the pink floral paper. On the blue dotty paper I used Spellbinders Edgeabilities I also used the same edgeabilities die down the spine of the card. Here's a closeup of the image.
Till next time, Linda xxx
Tuesday, 10 July 2012
This is the first card I have made for a while and its for my cousin who has moved to another area. I thought the Patience Strong poem 'Home' was very appropriate and it's a lovely verse. The poem and the image are from Joanna Sheen's cd rom 'If Flowers Could Talk' and to a certain extent the idea for the card came from her web-site as well, but they reminded me of the lovely lillies out in my garden at the moment see the pictures above and below. I placed the topper on the inside of the card measured and cut an appature the same size on the front so that the poem can be seen through the front of the card, then cut the strip of lillies from a second topper and mounted it to the front page so it covered the ones on the topper inside, then used all the spare toppers to cut the lillies out for decoupage and adding additional ones to cover the places where it was joined. Hope you like it.