Tuesday 12 June 2012

I've been trying out my Promarkers

Good afternoon, and what a sunny one it is.  The weather down here in Somerset is certainly welcome after all the rain of late. I hope you are all well. I've just come back after a very relaxing lunch with my friends at the local cider farm, hic, well I just had to try it out as it's that very cider that will be at our harvest home meal at the beginning of September, and a wonderful day that usually turns out to be seeing old friends that we probably haven't seen since this time last year.
Anyway on to my card, if you remember a few weeks back I was trying to decide which make of colouring pens to go for.  Well I decided to opt for Promarkers and will be adding some flexmarkers to these as funds allow.  So today's card will show you I have been practicing with these alot, and this card is the first one I'm prepared to let anyone look at lol. I'm still not 100% happy with it yet, I think I may have to look at the card I am using, I'm finding that this one bleeds a bit, any suggestions would be welcome.  Let me know what you think, am I on the right track colouring wise or should I start over again.
This is a beautiful image from http://www.saturated-canary.myshopify.com/ Krista Smith does some lovely images, go over and take a look if you haven't already, she's always adding new ones.
The papers I have used are from the Papermania dvd Capsule Collection. The dvd's are so useful I find, I hope you like it.  The border die I have used is Spellbinders, the original scallop edge with a new insert piece that was released earlier this year I don't know if they have ever been shown on tv or not.  I got these from http://www.sunrisecrafts.co.uk/ They have some good stuff on this site and free p&p on orders over £10, which let's face it, is not hard to get to is it?








I'm off to watch the tennis now it's Hewitt and Karlovic this afternoon, I'm a bit of a fan of tennis incase you haven't guessed and love it on grass like today at Queen's. Clay is much too messy lol.  I've been typing this so long that match has finished now and we're on to Baghdatis and Gil.


I must say a quick hello to my new followers, and thanks for stopping by and any comments you care to leave.
Love Linda xxx


11 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning Linda - I really love this image and I think your colouring is fabulous! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have done a fabulous job...your colouring is gorgeous, love the colours ..pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful linda.i love this image and your colouring is gorgeous :D
    i use card from rymans the stationary shop.its their own make, bright white coated card and is on buy on get one free or 3 for 2 a lot so i normally stock up.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda this is gorgeous, well done , its takes a while to get used to promarkers but worth it.
    I too have used the rymans card like coops .I also use Neenah solar white card , I get that from create and craft.
    When you are using a stamped image and colouring with promarkers you have to use MOMENTO ink to stamp the image with, so as to stop any bleeding from the ink lines.
    If you are using your printer and printing your image onto the card , let the ink dry for a least 24 hours before you colour the image in . The printer ink can sometimes bleed and muddy the promarker colours, unless the ink is bone dry.
    You have coloured her beautifully , her face is fab !! .
    What I do now , and have followed others who do this , is , after I have coloured in the image I go around the outside edge of the complete image with a pale blue/grey or pale grey to give a shadow around the image and help give a 3D look.
    Have fun watching the tennis , take care Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are well Linda , thank you for all your lovely comments . Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. In one word mindblowing. Cool stuff. Really cute. Looking forward to see more. Would you like to know more about Scrapbooking ideas and scrapbooking supplies? Here you can find - http://www.alacraft.com.au/scrapbooking-cat10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda , just coming by to say hello Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda so sorry to hear your uncle is poorly I know what you mean when you say you will be glad this year is over. I have had two aunts and an uncle passover this past six months and as the eldest of all the children in the family I seem to be the one who sorts everything for others . I hope your friend is improving though , its so kind of you to go to hospital with her, its so nice to have a super friend . My friend Anne and I are like that Have a super weekend hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. LINDA there is a new FREE digi on this website she is so prettyy Hugs Elaine http://saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete