Thursday 16 August 2012

Not everything is black and white

Good morning everyone, hope this day finds you all well and that the weather is not too bad wherever you are in this country at least, I think the rest of the world are having better weather than us at the mo.
The card I have posted today "Not everything is black and white" is actually Navy and White, but the play on words is meant for my dear friend, who you may remember if you read my earlier posts had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Well after 6 months backwards and forwards with her to hospital for chemo and the hours involved in that (I must say I never knew it took so long) well anyway the outcome was not as we had hoped for and it was decided that they should remove the breast.  Many tears and soul seaching later and trying to convince her it was for the best, she went through with it last Wednesday and is now on the road to recovery from the op.  I am hopefully that she will now start to get better and come to terms with her body, I can only imagine what she must be feeling.  Although I myself have not had any such problems, I tend to be of the type of person that says if you can live without something then do it, but I know it's not that cut and dry for alot of people.  Now we have an anxious wait for the first test results as apparently the lump took up most of the breast so they had to go quite deep to remove it all.  On the plus side she seems to be well in herself and still has her sense of humour, essential I think to help get you through things like this.


Enough of my life at the moment, and on to the card, it's made with my spellbinder dies again (sorry but I do like them)
Border - Persian Accents
Flowers - Sprial Blossom 3 & Bitty Blossoms
Leaves - Foliage S4 & Memory Box Lorelai leaf

Hope you like it, have a good day and thank you for any comments.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the floral display and the border is stunning! I can really sympathise with your friend! My Mother In Law was diagnosed with stage 3/4 cancer of the lung lining last October. She has had one lot of intensive Chemotherapy 6 sessions over 18 weeks. She is now due for another lot soon! I agree that if you can find any humour in the situation then it is essential that it be used. It is a very emotional time as you can imagine!
    Have a great day!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING! card Linda, love all the gorgeous details and colour combo.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda what a stunning card its just beautiful I love it.
    I am sorry to read about your friend, I do hope everything works out well for her. I am in the same mind as you , if its not good for you don't keep it, but as you say there are people who cannot see this and we have to respect that. You have been so good looking after your friend you are such a nice person Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style Linda, I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, hope all the work is done and dusted and you can get back to normal and relax, thank you soe much for your lovely comments of encouragement you are so kind Big Hugs Elaine
    Enjoy your weekend, its been raining here and Mum is unwell so I may have to dash off at any time .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Linda, just wanted you to know I've posted again. something must have gone wrong when you joined my blog as it didn't register you. hugs Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Linda! You would never know it was Navy from the photo. It is so striking! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda Hope you are well.
    Thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very classy and elegant card Linda - the diecuts are gorgeous.
    I'm sorry your friend is going through such a traumatic time, and I hope all goes well for her in the future. It must be a very sad time for you also.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello was just going through my blog list and thought Id pop in and say hi, have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Linda , I hope all is well with you , so sorry I have not been over for a while I have been on 5 teams and have not stopped. Just thought I would pop over too see you and wish you a very Happy and relaxing Christmas. Take care biggest hugs Elaine .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Linda you won at the crafty sentiments inspirations blog , lucky you.
    I want to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year .Have fun love and best wishes Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Linda ,
    sorry I have been awol for so long .
    Thank you so much for your lovely messages . I do hope you are well, biggest hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete